Maternity Pics

Maternity Pics

August 18, 2012

A long awaited visit from the Arnold's!!!

We were so happy to have Greg's family come to see us this summer all the way from California!  It was such a nice break from our daily routine and definitely added some excitement to our deployment days without Daddy around.   We loved having them for Langley's real birthday and for the 4th of July!  A great week mostly spent on the beach!  
Mermaid Langley turns FOUR!!
Loving the beach!
Mason was wiped out in the lawn chair! 
So nice at the beach all week!  I don't think it rained a single day they were here!  I loved being out there.
Finally--we got to dig into the skirt!!
Langley's birthday dinner was her fav mac n cheese!  I love how she decorated her birthday table with all her princess paper dolls.  :)
Langley was so excited to open her present from Greg!  We had gotten the gift in the mail a couple weeks before.  She even brought it downstairs the day of her "un-birthday party", but I convinced her to wait until her real day with Grandma and Grandpa in town, because I knew they would love seeing her open it.  He got her a stuffed Giraffe from Dajabuti, Africa.  She loved it!  :)   Silly me didn't get a picture of her with it!
 Rapunzel Langley was so happy about her new wig from Grandma and Grandpa!  
Mr. Superman!!  Definitely excited about his new cape.  Wig and cape may show up in October!  :)
After the birthday winded down it was time for the the 4th of JULY fun!  On base they had a Freedom Fest for the kids.  Just down the road, so we had to go!  The kids loved getting there faces painted, bouncing in the houses, balloons, and eating fair food!  Here they are eating a snow cone.  Poor Mason had gotten bitten by a mosquito in the middle of his head that week and it got really swollen!
Mason heading down the slide!  He has no fear!
The big finale of the Freedom Fest were fireworks that night on base.  I was so impressed with them--they went on forever!  I guess I didn't think they would be that great being on base, but they treated us right!  :)   Poor Langley still had a tough time with them this year.  She watched most of them under her blanket!  :)   Mason loved it already...must take after his firework-loving Daddy!
My kids love husking corn with their grandparents!
And on the 4th of July we had to make Margaritas!  All the family and friends from Greg's ship toasted to the USS Taylor at noon to boost morale.  Here is our family toast picture that we sent back to them.  Love Mason reaching in there! :)  
 Sparklers in our Jammies.  Langley wanted Grandma right by her side!
I loved this day!  We headed to downtown Jacksonville.  We took a ride on the Water Taxi to have lunch on the river.


We love our Aunt Cindy!!!  She is so sweet to give the kids so much attention.  They love playing with her.
We had some nice, relaxing hang out time.  Lounging.  Reading.  Yummy dinners at home.  Went to get pizza one night in Atlantic Beach.  Hiked to the Hannah Park Splash Park.  Lots of fun!
Loved having the extra helpers in the house to entertain the little ones and for some adult conversation!
Ummm...motherhood! :)
hiker and splasher!
Not sure who had more fun. Me or the kids?  Sooo hot, I had to get in!
During there visit we were in the middle of a two week swim lesson session on base.  They got some pictures of us.  Langley did lessons on her own and then Mason and I did a mommy-baby class.  Langley had so much fun, and I think it boosted her confidence quite a bit just being in the pool every day.  This was a picture from life-rescue day at her swim lessons, which is why they have the life vest on.   

These pictures make me laugh thinking about 2 weeks of swim lessons with Mason.  He loves the water and is not afraid, but he doesn't like his momma holding him in the water!  Kind of hard when he can't swim yet!  :)  He was very frustrated with me!  One lesson he just cried the entire time!  Hopefully my days of helping him will come to an end next year, and we will both be happy campers!
Working on floating
The last day all the kids were allowed to try the gigantic slide at the pool!  I took Mason down it.   I thought it might encourage Langley to give it a try, but she wasn't quite ready to make the plunge!   :)  Of course once we got home she was definitely ready to go!  Love her cautious, yet adventurous personality!  :)

Mason wanted to go again!
Langley loved having Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Cindy at swim lessons!  So exciting to have them apart of our everyday routine.  We had a great visit and look forward to seeing them again soon...and next time with Daddy!

No comments:

Blog Archive