So this has been a great birthday week for me! Although Langley has given me the glorious gift of hand, foot, and mouth this year, I am always very thankful for her on my birthdays. I am so lucky to have a sweet little girl to take care of each day. This was even more evident to me this year, as this week I have been thinking a lot about a another military family who is experiencing a tragedy right now. The instructor pilot was involved in a T-34 crash last Saturday and after searching several days, yesterday they found his body and confirmed him dead. He has an amazing wife, two beautiful daughters, and a baby on the way...no words can really describe. We have been military for nearly 7 years now, I read in the papers weekly of those who have died serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, and this is the second time someone in Gregory's community has died...yet I have never really let their ultimate sacrifice resonate in me. The uncertainties that they must hold regarding their loved ones deaths and the sorrow they must feel knowing that their fathers/mothers won't see their children grow up must be so difficult to overcome. I was so encouraged by his wife and her response when she found out her husband was missing. She posted this on her facebook page, "If you are a believer in faith and miracles I encourage u to read Psalm 91. Thank u for all the support and prayers. It doesn't go unnoticed. We serve an amazing God and I trust him." So often I become discouraged with Greg being away or fear that something similar might happen to him...forgetting to trust in God's amazing protection over us! Seeing her trust in God in the most difficult of times has truly encouraged me right where I am. Her situation makes the millions of miles between Gregory and I not seem so far and the time not so long...for she and her family are enduring the ultimate sacrifice for our country. Getting a phone call from Gregory yesterday and seeing Langley talk with her daddy on the phone, saying "playdough" over and over was the greatest birthday gift I could have ever had.
.......................................................................................
Just found this on Facebook if anyone is interested in giving to his girls...
http://www.airwarriorcourage.org/donations.html
****When giving online, YOU MUST place in the comment field, "LT. CLINTON WERMERS FAMILY" ******* or it will NOT get to Shannon & the girls.
3 comments:
I'm tearing...so sad. Are you close with the family?
We were fairly close with them. The squadron in Pensacola was a pretty tight knit group. Shannon is a good friend. I just wrote her last week about the nieghborhoods in San Diego, because their family was going to be stationed here in March.
That was pretty awesome. Good post.
Post a Comment